Last Modified: February 20, 2024
Untied Artists Productions, Inc. and the recording artist Daryl Hall (collectively, “Company” or “We”) are committed to respecting your privacy. This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the website www.darylhall.com (the “Website”) and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing the information.
- On this Website;
- In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and this Website;
- Through mobile and desktop applications you download from this Website, which provide dedicated non-browser-based interaction between you and this Website;
- When you interact with our social media pages and/or accounts (which use is also subject to the privacy policies of the service provider upon which such page or account is hosted);
- When you register for an account; and/or
- When you sign up for one of our newsletters or mailing lists.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- The Company offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by Company or any third party; or
- What personal information is collected?
The information we collect on or through the Website may include information you provide to us and information we collect through automatic data collection technologies.
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including the following: (1) IP addresses (the Internet address of a computer) to track a user’s session while the user remains anonymous, (2) computer and connection information such as browser type and version, operating system, and platform, (3) purchase history, (4) the full Uniform Resource Locator (URL) clickstream to, through, and from this Website, including date and time, (5) cookie number, and (6) Web pages and/or products you viewed or searched for. Company analyzes this data for certain trends in statistics, such as which parts of this Website users visit and how long they spend there. In general, we do not link your IP addresses to anything personally identifiable to you. During some visits Company may use software tools (such as Meta Pixel and Google Analytics) to measure and collect session information, including page response times, download errors, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page.
Company gathers and stores certain types of information whenever you use this Website or the services made available (the “Services”). For example, like many Web sites, we use “cookies,” and we obtain certain types of information when your Web browser accesses this Website. Some web browsers may transmit “do not track” signals to the websites and other online services with which the browser communicates. There is no standard that governs what, if anything, Web sites and online services should do when they receive these signals. We currently do not take action in response to these signals. If and when a standard for responding is established, we may revisit our policy on responding to these signals.
- What are cookies and how are they used by Company?
- Does Company use Web beacons, and, if so, how?
Company may employ Web beacons (also called single-pixel gifs), which are customized links or similar technologies, on pages of the Website or when sending you newsletters or promotional emails. Web beacons allow Company to (a) determine whether you have opened, or acted upon, a promotional email and which links you have clicked on in order to deliver to you more focused email communications and other information, (b) allow Company to count the number of users who have visited certain Web pages and effectively deliver co-branded services, and (c) enable Company to compile aggregated statistics and determine the efficacy of promotions by using Web beacons from third parties, without allowing such third parties to use Web beacons on this Site to collect or access your personal information.
By way of example but not limitation, the application providers listed below may serve certain content or applications on the Website. You may visit these providers’ webpages directly to find out more information about how they collect and use your information.
- Facebook API – facebook.com
- Google Analytics – marketingplatform.google.com
- YouTube – youtube.com
- Instagram – instagram.com
We may allow third parties, including our authorized service providers, IAC companies, advertising companies, and ad networks, to display advertisements or provide applications and services on the Website. These companies may use tracking technologies, such as cookies or web beacons, to collect information about users who view or interact with their advertisements or use their applications and services. The Website does not provide any personal information to these third parties. This information allows them to deliver targeted advertisements and personalized online experiences and gauge their effectiveness. Some of the third-party advertising companies may be advertising networks that are members of the Network Advertising Initiative, which offers a single location to opt out of ad targeting from member companies (www.networkadvertising.org).
- How is your information used?
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To fulfill or meet the reason you provided the information (For example, if you share your name and contact information to ask a question about our products or services, we will use that personal information to respond to your inquiry);
- To provide, support, personalize, and develop the Website, products, and services;
- To create, maintain, customize, and secure your account with us;
- To process your requests, purchases, transactions, and payments and prevent transactional fraud;
- To provide you with support and to respond to your inquiries, including to investigate and address your concerns and monitor and improve our responses;
- To send you technical alerts, updates, security notifications, and administrative communications;
- To personalize your Website experience and to deliver content and product and service offerings relevant to your interests, including promotions, targeted offers and ads through our Website, and via email or text message (with your consent, where required by law);
- To help maintain the safety, security, and integrity of the Website, products and services, databases and other technology assets, and business;
- For testing, research, analysis, and product development, including to develop and improve the Website, products, and services;
- To respond to law enforcement requests and as required by applicable law, court order, or governmental regulations;
- To evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of the Company’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by the Company about our Website users is among the assets transferred;
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information;
- To contact you about our own goods and services that may be of interest to you (If you do not want us to use your information in this way, you may opt-out by emailing your request to email@example.com); and
- For any other purpose with your consent.
- With whom does Company share your information?
Company may share the personal data you provide, or the information gathered by Company to any party with your consent or, in any event, to Company subsidiaries, agents, contractors and our business partners; to fulfill the purpose for which you provide it; and for any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
Company also may share information with the following groups: (a) affiliated business which Company does not control but with which it engages in joint and co-branded offerings, (b) third party service providers in order to facilitate the performance of only those functions which are assigned to them, such as website operation and maintenance, order fulfillment, data analysis, marketing assistance, provision of search results and links, payment processing providers (such as Shop Pay, Apple Pay, Google Pay, Meta Pay, and major credit cards (i.e., Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Discover)), and customer service, (c) entities with which Company may merge or which may acquire all or substantially all of Company’s assets, as customer information likely will be one of the transferred assets, (d) to a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of the Company’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by the Company about our Website users is among the assets transferred (a “Business Transfer”).
In addition, Company may disclose your personal information in order to (x) investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, and violations of the Terms of Service, (y) respond to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process, and (z) establish or exercise our legal rights, or defend against legal claims, and as otherwise required by law. Except as provided above or in the event of a merger, consolidation, or sale of all or substantially all of Company’s assets, we will not share any of your information with any third party without your permission.
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- Your choices about how we use and disclose your information.
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Promotional Offers from Company. If you do not wish to have your email address or contact information used by the Company to promote our own products or services, you can opt-out by emailing your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. If we have sent you a promotional email, you may send us a return email asking to be omitted from future email distributions. This opt-out does not apply to information provided to the Company as a result of a product purchase, product service experience or other transactions.
We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However, these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) on the NAI’s website.
- Sale of your information.
We do not currently rent or sell your personal information to any third parties and will not do so in the future without providing you with notice and an opportunity to opt-out of such sale as required by law (however, your personal information may be sold or transferred as part of a Business Transfer as discussed above in section 6).
Company may disclose your protected information for the following purposes, which are not a sale: (i) if you direct Company to share your protected information, (ii) to comply with your valid requests under the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018, and its successors, (iii) disclosures as part of a merger or asset sale, and (iv) as otherwise required or permitted by applicable law. Company does not offer financial incentives associated with the collection, use, or disclosure of your protected information.
Nevada residents have the right to submit a verified request directing Company not to sell their personal data. If you are a Nevada resident and would like to submit such a request, please send your request to this designated address: email@example.com. However, Company does not sell your personal information to third parties as defined in Nevada law, and will not do so in the future without providing you with notice and an opportunity to opt-out of such sale as required by law.
You may purchase Artists’ music or purchase merchandise from the Website, in which case you may be directed to an externally hosted web page or site to complete your transaction. These sites will be clearly identified and link to their own privacy policies, so you know which company is collecting your personal information. You should refer to those policies for any privacy-related concerns regarding your purchase.
- How do I access, update, or delete my information?
You may send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org to request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We may not be able to delete your personal information except by also deleting your user account. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
- What else should you know about your privacy?
Third party Internet Web sites and services accessible through this Website have separate privacy and data collection practices, independent of us. Company has no responsibility or liability for these independent policies or actions. Please be careful and responsible online. If you post personal information online that is accessible to the public, you may receive unsolicited messages from other parties in return. While we strive to protect your information, Company cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information through the transmission process, and any transmission by you of information is done at your own risk.
Protecting the privacy of minors is important to us. Our Website is not intended for children and we do not knowingly collect personal information from anyone under the age of 16. If you are under 16 years of age, please do not provide any personal information to us. If you are under 16, do not use or provide any information on this Website, register on the Website, make any purchases through the Website, or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any username you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 16 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 16, please contact us at email@example.com and this information will be removed.
If you are under the age of 18 and reside in California, you may have the right to request removal of unwanted data that you publicly post on the Website. To request removal of such data, please contact Company at firstname.lastname@example.org, and include a statement that you reside in California and identify the content at issue. Company will make sure the data is not publicly displayed on the Site, but please be aware that the data may not be completely or comprehensively removed from the Site or Company’s systems.
- Transfer of information to the U.S. and other countries.
We are based in the United States, and the information we collect is governed by U.S. law. By accessing or using the Website, or otherwise providing information to use, you consent to collection, processing, transfer, and storage of information about you in and to the United States and other applicable territories in which the privacy law may not be as comprehensive as or equivalent to the law in your country of residence. Please use the contact information below if you have a question or concern about the policies or manner in which we treat your personal information.
Company uses its best efforts to protect your personal information and, to that end, uses tools such as encryption, passwords, and physical security to protect your personal information against unauthorized access and disclosure. However, no website can be absolutely secure, and third parties may unlawfully intercept or access transmissions or private communications, and other users may abuse or misuse your personal information that they collect from this Website. Therefore, although Company works very hard to protect your privacy, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to the Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website. The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of the Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
- European Union users.
Please contact Company if (i) your Personal Data is incomplete or incorrect; (ii) you wish to have your Personal Data deleted, or (iii) you wish to have some Personal Data blocked; and Company will address your request. Company will make your personal data available to you upon request. If you do not want your Personal Data used for marketing purposes, you may withdraw your consent by contacting Company at email@example.com. If Company decides to take any action that subjects you to legal consequence, Company will notify you prior to taking action.
- Contact us
If you have any concern about your privacy in connection with this policy, please send a thorough description to firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will try to resolve it.